jueves, 18 de febrero de 2016

The Capital District

It's been so long!

Evening at Capitol Hill


I have been considering if I should write again, and finally made my mind: I'm back!

This post is just going to be a collection of a few favorite places and moments from my Washington D.C. visit in early January. I had a limited amount of time because I went there for the TRB annual meeting, and one of the things I liked the most about this huge meeting was being able to see some Norwegian colleagues.

For those wondering what TRB stands for, it is the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine. The TRB meeting was pretty much "transportation nerd-dom", and I could not be any happier of attending.

Ok, let's leave nerdiness aside (or maybe not) and check some pictures!

 
CityCenter, Downtown D.C. 

Visiting the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum

Amelia Earhart's plane, Lockheed Vega 5B

 
Had to see the T-Rex at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History


Just behind me is "The Petersen House", located right in front of Ford's Theatre. After President Lincoln was shot (the night of April 14th, 1865) he was moved to this house and taken care of, until he passed away on the next morning.


 Lincoln's Memorial. Stunning place, particularly beautiful at night.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario